Natural herbal mouthwash made from herbs and spices and essential oils to improve gum health.
•8 ounces of rum or vodka (for tincture)
•1 tsp dried cloves or clove powder
•2 tablespoons dried Peppermint Leaf
•2 tablespoons dried Plantain Leaf
•1 Tablespoon Rosemary Leaf
•15 drops of Cinnamon or Peppermint Essential Oil (or more to preference-optional)
1. Place herbs in a pint size mason jar. Pour enough boiling water over herbs to just dampen all of them. (this helps release the properties of the herbs).
2. Pour the rum or vodka into the jar with the herbs and hot water.
3. Cover tightly and put in a cool dark place for 2-3 weeks. Each day, shake the jar to help the herbs infuse into the alcohol mixture.
4. After 2-3 weeks, use cheesecloth or a very fine mesh strainer to strain the herbs out of the tincture. Discard the herbs and pour the tincture into small dropper bottles or other glass jar to store.
5. Add the essential oils, return lid and shake well.
To Use Herbal Mouth Wash
Keep glass bottle with herbal tincture on bathroom counter with a small cup or glass.
For each use, mix a mouthful of water with about 40 drops of the tincture and swish well for 30 seconds.
For extra cleansing, add 40 drops of the tincture to a half and half mixture of hydrogen peroxide and water instead of plain water and swish for 30 seconds
Please feel free to visit our facebook page and remember to click like to receive up-dates http://www.facebook.com/MotherNatureAndYou